What is Sound Masking?
Sound masking is a key tool to help solve the speech privacy problem. Sound masking is the process of adding a low level, unobtrusive background sound to an environment to reduce the intelligibility of human speech and reduce noise distractions in that environment.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
• Sound masking is barely noticeable and sounds similar to air flow, but it’s specifically tuned to the frequency and amplitude of human speech to make speech less intelligible.
• The sound is introduced through speakers installed in the ceiling, creating a blanket of sound.
• Sound masking typically reduces the area where speech is intelligible and distracting from upwards of 50 feet to around 15 feet.
• Workers can still collaborate with their neighbors but are no longer being distracted by conversations on the other side of the office.
SEA Group works with the world's best manufacturers of effective sound masking systems that are scalable for any size space. The benefits include:
• Lowest impact installation and perfect for both new construction and retrofits
• Office paging, background music and sound masking capabilities from a single speaker
• Network capabilities for easy control, customization and systems integration
• An affordable alternative to expensive construction projects of sound blocking materials
• Our sound masking solutions help contribute to LEEDCertifications.
SEA Group has been designing and installing custom sound masking systems for clients all across central Illinois and is capable of building a custom sound masking system of any size and scale and in the most complex of environments.